FYI: Why Does Salt Water Make Hurricane Damage So Much Worse?
By Colin Lecher, popsci.com
The white stuff can stick around and ruin, well, pretty much everything. That puts the officials trying to fix it on a ticking clock.
Sandy crippled the NYC subway system this week, knocking out power, damaging switches, and dumping…
- Salt: Mineral of Tyrants, Explorers and Revolutionaries – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Making Salt Water Drinkable Just Got 99 Percent Cheaper (gizmodo.com.au)
- Google Maps Adds Real-Time Transit Data in NYC, Salt Lake City (transportationnation.org)
- Google Maps Offers Mass Transit Info for NYC, DC, Salt Lake City (eweek.com)
- Coming to Salt Lake City today (craphound.com)
- Salt Can Lead to Autoimmune Diseases Study Says (newsy.com)
- Lockheed Martin finds way to slash the amount of energy needed to remove salt from seawater (3quarksdaily.com)