Molecular archaeology: learning from our waste

English: 2007 EPA figures - Municipal Solid Waste

English: 2007 EPA figures – Municipal Solid Waste (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Something in the water – Boston.com.

I’ve long followed the field of garbology, or what we can learn from our waste, but now a new molecular twist has come along….

MAYA Design Innovation Boot Camps tap into anthropological insights

Apple at WestFarms

Apple at WestFarms (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Each year, 11% of consumer electronics are returned to stores, but only 5% of those are defective. The other 95% are returned because of poor design. Maya boot camps apply the techniques of usability and anthropology to change the odds.

Inside MAYA Design’s Innovation Boot Camps | Fast Company.