Image Posted on Updated on
The State of The Guardian’s SOTU Infographic Is…Dumber
By Emily Elert, popsci.com
This chart tells you that “the linguistic standard of the presidential address has declined” over time. The problem is, it’s wrong.
- Linguistics Goes to Hollywood (languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu)
- The Science Behind Teenager Grunts, Ughs and Duhs (blogs.smithsonianmag.com)
- Language through the eyes of a linguist (unccliteracysummer13.wordpress.com)
- A Linguistic Dissection of 7 Annoying Teenage Sounds (neatorama.com)
- Phonetic Description Of Annoying Sounds Teenagers Make (milkandcookies.com)
- Deciphering Teenage Grunts. DUH. (education.nationalgeographic.com)
This entry was posted in Digital Strategy, Linguistics Data Science, Politics Regulatory Affairs and tagged Adolescence, Barack Obama, Linguistics, Obama, President, Social science, The Guardian, United States.