An article in Boston Globe magazine charts the curious trend away from real human interaction towards entirely digitally mediated ones and notes the importance of being “un reachable” at times which is becoming increasingly difficult, and of being able to tolerate being alone. In particular the article cites research by an NYU social scientist and a U Toronto information scientist that show the effects of widespread usage of mobile comms on our culture.
- Meditation in the news: PTSD, Loneliness, Inflammation and Stress of Youth Violence (karahpino.me)
- Meditation reduces loneliness (sciencedaily.com)
- The Worst Kind of Loneliness (deepthinkings.wordpress.com)
- Loneliness… (daveboothby.wordpress.com)
- Loneliness ‘major health issue’ (bbc.co.uk)